Smart Gear wooden Balance bikes, often referred to as “run bikes” or “training bikes”, which are pedal free and without training wheels, first and foremost help a child develop the most important skills necessary to later ride a 2 wheel bicycle with pedals: BALANCE and MOTOR SKILLS.
Smart Gear Balance bikes were designed to develop a child’s balance and coordination by simply allowing the child to sit and walk or run with the bike by pushing with their feet. If the bike starts to fall, kids instinctively regain their balance using their feet. Once they’ve gained some momentum and balance control they can lift their feet up as they feel comfortable and start cruising!
It is also suitable for children who need to be encouraged with motor skill development and therapeutic training.
Traditional toddler bikes with “training wheels” don’t necessarily train or teach a child how to ride a bicycle. The training wheels are merely a crutch that give the child a false sense of security and merely keep the child busy or entertained rather than actually helping the child develop the necessary skills to ride a bicycle.
Our bikes are made from birch wood with real inflatable rubber tires, foam handle bar grips, cushioned leatherette seat and a unique carry handle incorporated in the bikes body.Features:
- Children learn to balance and ride while boosting their confidence. No Pedals!
- Children adapt to a real bicycle without difficulty
- Adjustable seat height to grow with your child
- 12" air filled rubber wheels, PAC-free Inflatable Rubber Tires, foam handle bar grips, cushioned leatherette seat
- Made of Wood; Easy to Handle Lightweight Frame, Pneumatic Tires, Easy-Grip Handles, Padded Seat
- Ages 3+
- Dimensions: 32.6" L x 13.7" W x 21" H
- Assembly: Some Adult Assembly Required