Flax seed is an ancient fibre crop that originally originates in Egypt and China. Flax seed is also called linseed. It is rich in nutrients i.e. anti oxidants, Omega 3 fatty acids, and photo nutrients. Its health benefits are numerous. It is proved to protect from prostate cancer, breast cancer, Good for blood pressure and aids in digestion process. It is a brain food i.e. Presence of omega -3 fatty acids helps fights dementia, depression, and is needed for better brain development. Flax seeds are good for skin and immune system etc. Visit https://www.nutriinspector.com/grind-flax-seed-6-options-including-mortar-pestle/
Flax seeds are found in as a whole or crushed flax seeds. One can store flax seeds or flax oil in a refrigerator for not more than two weeks. If one grinds the seeds, then the nutrients don’t deplete. However it should be stored up till 7 days. There are six best options to grind flax seeds without losing its health properties. It’s important to grind flax seeds so that it can be easily absorbed by the body. If it is consumed as a whole, there are chances that it will pass through the body without breaking down. Let’s see the six methods to grind flax seeds:-
- Flax seed Mill – It is a very quick way to grind seeds and use them. It effectively crushes and grinds the hard part of the flax seeds. It grinds gently to protect its natural oils.
- Coffee grinder – It is very easy to grind coffee in coffee grinder. One can use it to make a powder out of flax seeds.
- Pepper Mill – Pepper mill is available in almost all homes. Just add flax seeds inside and start rotating. The ground seeds will get sprinkled on the food.
- Electric blender – cover the flask while using the blender so that the powder doesn’t gets spread. This process takes some time, but the seeds get grounded properly.
- Food processor – This process is also quick and easy. One needs to fill the food processor to the brim so that it quickly grinds the seeds or else it will take a long time.
- Mortar and pestle – It is the cheapest method than rest of the methods. Take a handful of seeds and grind it in a twisting motion. The only disadvantage of this method is that it takes a lot of time and energy. To choose the best mortar and pestle is also not a easy task. Granite Mortar and Pestle is the best option as it provides natural friction for swift grinding. All these appliances are available online as well in the stores. Different products have different price range. Visit https://www.nutriinspector.com/grind-flax-seed-6-options-including-mortar-pestle/
Flax seeds are recommended two tablespoons per day. It’s advisable to start with ½ tablespoon and then gradually increase the dose. Flax seeds are very good bowel agent to avoid constipation. And also helps in weight loss. And also controls blood sugar. Flax seeds are very good form of nuts. To get the maximum benefits eat it everyday.