Schoenhut Ū Piano Company: "Leader in the World of Toy Pianos since 1872" Schoenhut'sŪ bright red, or white 18-key tabletop is the perfect choice for a toddler's first piano. Both fun and educational, it is an ideal instrument to use for developing eye-hand coordination and encouraging musical creativity.
Chromatically tuned, the lovely chime-like notes are produced by little hammers striking precision-ground, German steel music rods (versus the conventional taut wires used in full-sized models).
Schoenhut'sŪ patented Learning System, with its play-by-color teaching method, makes playing simple and fun. A removable color strip fits behind the keys to guide small fingers from chord to chord. The chart also works on adult keyboards, since keys on SchoenhutŪ toy pianos are of corresponding width. This teaches children proper "finger stretch" from the very beginning. The accompanying Songbook contains a collection of familiar tunes. This Learning System has been specially designed to build a child's confidence and develop basic playing skills.
My First Piano ~ presented on the Rosie O'Donnell ShowFeatures:
- Ideal for ages 6 months to 2 years old
- Pink finish
- Constructed of maple wood and hardboard
- Song book included
- Eighteen-key, one and a half-octave keyboard
- Chromatically tuned using little hammers striking precision-ground German steel music rods
- Removable color strip fits behind keys for play-by-color teaching method
- Enhances memorization and musical note reading skills
- Adult-sized keys help child learn proper "finger stretch"
- No tuning necessary
- Available separately in Red or White
- Dimensions: 11.25" H x 12.38" W x 9.38" D
- Award and high ratings from ToyTips.com
- iParenting Media Award Winner
- Awarded "Best Vacation Children's Products" in 2003 by Dr. Toy