Yellow teeth are a feature that no one wants to end up with. Everyone wants to have a glorious and dazzling smile. Most people are willing to spend thousands of dollars to get the brightest smile with the help of cosmetic dentistry. In fact, we are a long way from the day when discolored teeth were normal and nowadays, having a complete set of teeth is a popular option. Teeth whitening process is a confidence booster. But there are some people who look for its pros and cons and do not know if to go for it or not. In this article, a professional at a Toronto teeth whitening treatment clinic explains the advantages and disadvantages of this dental cosmetic method.
Teeth whitening or bleaching is a common cosmetic dentistry procedure that uses whitening products and whitening agents to whiten and brighten your teeth. This whitening agent generally contains hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide. The cosmetic dentist can whiten your teeth in the office or choose whitening products at home, such as gels and strips. Of course, whitening treatment at home is not usually as effective as in-office bleaching.
The Advantages of Teeth Whitening
- As mentioned above, the most important advantage is increasing your self-confidence and improving your appearance. People who have a glorious smile with pearly teeth tend to convey an aura of self-confidence that is always attractive to the person as long as they do not overdo it and display an impression of arrogance. In addition, aesthetically, people who have full smiles with the whitest teeth are more or less beautiful in appearance. Although this is a mental factor, it is effective.
- Another advantage is related to the first impression. Everybody knows how important your first impression is to get the desired result in every meeting, whether it is a lovely dating or a business meeting. Remember, the first impressions are the last. So make it good with a glamorous smile. People tend to gather around other people, which makes them feel comfortable and safe. By having a whitened smile and learning how to smile in a way that looks happy and energetic, you tell the whole world that you are a good, kind of trustworthy, honorable, and honest person.
- Another point is that teeth whitening treatment is a safe process. The whitening products and agents are proven to be safe for oral health. So it is not needed to be worried about the risks of this dental cosmetic method.
- Unlike some dental procedures, teeth whitening gives you immediate results, especially if you do it professionally with your cosmetic dentist. When you go for this cosmetic method, you will see very noticeable progress in less than two hours.
The Disadvantages of Teeth Whitening
- If you have repaired your teeth, you cannot use whitening services because they may be damaged by whitening. The whitening process cannot remove deep teeth stains in dentin. Only yellow teeth are prone to whitening due to food stains.
- There may be some sensitivity after this treatment, but this is temporary and will be solved after a while.
- Teeth whitening treatment is an expensive cosmetic method.
The Final Say
It is better to consult with your cosmetic dentist about all advantages and disadvantages before starting this treatment.